Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Weekend in California

This past weekend we traveled to California for my cousin, Carrie's, wedding. This was Julia's first plane ride & she did pretty good, we pretty much had to keep switching between different activities to keep her occupied. I was really nervous that Julia wouldn't go down the aisle for the wedding (especially since she had to walk on grass & she is very grass-a-phobic). Well, I ended up going with her, but, she didn't cry!!! She did a good job, I think she really loved the attention. The day after the wedding was Julia's actual 2nd birthday & we drove to Ojai to her cousin, CJ's house for a get-together/birthday party. It was such a fun day & so nice to get to see where they live! We ended up taking the red-eye back, Julia fell asleep before the plane took off & I had to wake her up in Chicago. Jake was disappointed we didn't see any celebrities while we were in LA, however, when we were waiting for our plane @ LAX he saw Scottie Pippen & we all sat by Anil Kapoor (Game show host from Slumdog)...so that was the airport excitement! It was nice to be able to take a little trip with Julia before the baby comes!

My first plane ride!
With the beautiful bride!
After the wedding & didn't want to take off her new backpack.
Riding in the cool pink car.
I'm 2!!! Look at the yummy cupcakes!
I love Minnie Mouse!


Tea party with my new tea set!

1 comment:

Missy said...

She is a cutie! Love that she was sporting the backpack neked! hehe awesome!